Project and Communications Manager (m/f/div)
In the center of a town in southern Luxembourg, a historically listed Künstlerhaus is being established as a unique destination in the creative tourism sector. In the spirit of the principles of a “sharing economy,” equipment, space, and accommodation are being made available to artists to facilitate their projects, while people interested in art will be provided with an opportunity of entering into direct dialogue with artists. As a result, the building, as a site of both creativity and experiences, is able to combine a distinctive form of accommodation for tourists with an innovative space for artistic creativity.
Experimental, and immersive artistic practices based around VR, AR, MR, and sound, along with participatory and interdisciplinary approaches, will provide an incomparable experience. Directly interconnected with the town’s civic life, the project’s multifunctional approach breaks down boundaries between people and spaces, art and heritage. At the same time, the project’s objective is to make the surrounding area both more attractive and create sustainable prospects for the town’s residents.
The project is supported by a non-profit association to which the facility’s director as well as representatives from the local community and wider region belong. The facility aims to position itself internationally, setting standards for best practice in immersive creative tourism. The opening is being planned for November 2022.
For the strategic further development of the future cultural tourism facility, the non-profit association is seeking, at the soonest possible opportunity, to appoint a
“Project and Communications Manager (m/f/div)”
to a permanent, full-time position. The place of work will be Luxembourg.
You will have the exciting task of strategically combining tourist attractions with creative practices and promoting the concept publicly. The long-term objective is the establishing of a strong brand, the maintaining of networks, and the consolidating of in-house systems.
Together with the facility’s director, you will be responsible for day-to-day administration and will be directly involved in the planning and implementation of projects. You will be working in consultation with the non-profit association and the curatorial collective. Working in tandem, you and the facility’s director will be representing the institution externally and overseeing the future expansion of its team. Your responsibilities will involve the following tasks in particular:
- Collaborating on conceiving and reviewing the development strategy regarding both artistic and tourist programs
- Developing and implementing cultural outreach projects and events that will be attractive to tourists and involve the local population
- Establishing and maintaining regional and international partnerships and representing the facility to political and administrative bodies, as well as wider society
- Establishing an effective cultural marketing and public relations strategy
- Collaborating in shaping and implementing a sponsoring / fundraising strategy
- Audience development and analysis of current trends in the cultural and tourism sectors
- Supporting the facility’s director in administrative, technical, and financial management and substituting in their absence
You are persuasive and creative, possessing organizational talent, strategic and conceptual thinking, and resilience. During your professional career you will have gained experience in project development and implementation, and combine innovative strengths with an ability to manage risk and discover creative solutions. In addition to open-mindedness and communication skills, you are particularly incentivized to grow professionally, together with this unique cultural institution, and have a decisive influence on the development of its location.
In addition, you will possess the following skills:
- A degree or comparable training in the areas of cultural / creative tourism, cultural / tourism management, or public relations
- Knowledge and experience in the conceiving, organization, and implementation of (commercial) cultural and tourism projects. International experience would also be an advantage
- A sense of responsibility, organizational skills, and self-reliance
- Experience in high-profile public relations, as well as knowledge of social media management and also community management would be desirable
- An enthusiasm for innovative cultural programing and digital trends
- Personal resilience, flexibility, and reliability
- Advanced skills in using MS Office and Adobe CC (Photoshop, InDesign)
- An excellent knowledge of at least one of Luxembourg’s three official languages (German, French, Luxembourgish) and a good command of English, other languages would be an additional advantage
We are offering:
- A position of responsibility in a creative environment with extensive scope for innovation and a wide range of development opportunities
- The opportunity of establishing a globally unique facility for immersive creative tourism
- A team-oriented organizational culture involving flat hierarchies
- Flexible and trust-based working hours, as well as opportunities for home office working
- A well-connected location in terms of the Benelux countries, France, and Germany
- Remuneration meeting the appropriate requirements
The non-profit association welcomes applications regardless of cultural and social origin, gender, age, religion / belief, and sexual orientation.
Please submit your application by January 31, 2022, compiling your detailed application documents including your salary expectations in a PDF file (max. 10 MB) and titling them as follows:
Please send your data by email to the personnel consultants responsible for processing the applications, KULTUREXPERTEN Dr. Scheytt GmbH, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting your application, you consent to us storing and processing your personal data in the systems of our client and at KULTUREXPERTEN for the purposes of the application process. You may revoke your consent at any time.
If you have any questions, please contact Katrin Waldeck at the above email address or by telephone on +49 201 248 82 360.