Wanderreise nach Slowenien
Hiking trip to Slovenia
From Bovec in the Soca valley to the capital Ljubljana via the Triglav national park in the Julian Alps
16th – 24th of September, 2017
A very special hiking destination awaits us in 2017 as Luxembourg’s youth hostels are organising a trip to picturesque Slovenia. Believe us when we say that it’s not for no reason that its national tourist board uses “I feel sLOVEnia” as a slogan to represent the country. While comparatively small in size, it is packed with stunning sites and well known for its indescribable, untouched nature. Among other things, the itinerary includes trips to Slovenia’s most beautiful river valley, one of Europe’s oldest nature reserves with its Seven-Lakes-Valley, as well as the country’s picturesque, southern feeling capital Ljubljana. Luxembourg’s youth hostels will provide their very own guide to accompany the group and make sure the 9-day drip goes smoothly.
Day 1 (Saturday, 16.9.2017):
Departure in the early morning by bus and arrival at youth hostel Bovec in Slovenia in the evening
Day 2 (Sunday, 17.9.2017):
After breakfast, short transfer to Kal-Koritnica (460mh). Hiking up to Mt. Svinjak (1653mh). Tour of 5-6 hours.
Day 3 (Monday, 18.9.2017):
Short transfer to the Soca River. Programme as booked in advance:
Programme 1: rafting tour of 3 hours on the river
Programme 2: easy hiking and sightseeing in the Soca valley.
Day 4 (Tuesday, 19.9.2017):
Beginning of the 4-day hut tour:
Short transfer to Lepena valley. Hiking from Lepena (700mh) to Krnska lake hut (1385mh) over Vratca saddle (1803mh), finally arriving at Komna hut (1520mh). Hiking tour of 6 hours.
Day 5 (Wednesday, 20.9.2017):
Hiking tour of ca. 6 hours from Komna hut (1520mh) via Triglav lakes hut (1685mh) to Prehodavci hut (2071mh).
Day 6 (Thursday, 21.9.2017):
Depending on the weather conditions and your health, you can choose between two hiking tours:
Option 1: hiking tour of ca. 6 hours from Prehodavci hut (2071mh) via Dolic hut (2151mh) and Planika hut (2401mh) to Kredarica hut (2515mh).
Option 2: hiking tour of ca. 7 hours from Prehodavci hut (2071mh) via Dolic hut (2515mh) to Mt. Triglav, the highest point of Slovenia (2864mh). Attention: Mt. Triglav is a via ferrata, so technical equipment is essential! Later, we all meet together at Kredarica hut (2515mh).
Day 7 (Friday, 22.9.2017):
Hiking tour of ca. 4-5 hours to Krma valley (1000mh). Then short transfer to Bled with guided sightseeing before heading off to Ljubljana by bus and its Tresor youth hostel.
Day 8 (Saturday, 23.9.2017):
Guided tour of the old town and castle, plus a boat trip with lunch/BBQ on the river Ljubljanica. Free leisure time in the afternoon.
Day 9 (Sunday, 24.9.2017):
Departure and transfer back to Luxembourg.
Did we awaken your interest in discovering this incredibly diverse, green, idyllic and romantic country with us? If so, don’t hesitate to get in touch and be a part of this unique hiking trip.
Preconditions and requirements:
- The trip will take place if a minimum of 10 participants has been reached. Should the required amount of participants not be reached, you will be notified in due time. The maximum number of participants has been set to 20.
- An overall good physical condition is necessary. Climbing skills are not required.
- Minimum age: 18
- Departure from Luxembourg-City on Saturday, the 16th of September 2017 at 05:30 am.
- Return to Luxembourg-City is scheduled for Sunday evening on the 24th of September 2017
June 1st, 2017
Price per person:
- Bus transfer from Luxembourg to Slovenia (and back)
- Luxembourgish travel guide
- Round trip and all transfers according to the itinerary
- Guided mountain hut tour with an experienced, English-speaking mountaineer
- Guided hiking tour of one day with a local, English-speaking guide in the Soca valley
- Rafting on the Soca river or a guided visit of the Soca-valley
- Guided tour of Ljubljana
- Boat trip including lunch on the Ljubljanica river
- 3 full board overnights as part of the Triglav national park mountain huts tour
- 3 overnights in Bovec’s youth hostel, including breakfast and a BBQ evening
- 2 overnights in the Tresor youth hostel of Ljubljana, including breakfast
Services not included:
- Various meals, restaurant visits, drinks and tips
- Personal expenses
- All optional activities
- Travel insurance
Information and booking requests:
Youth Hostels Luxembourg NPO
T. (+352) 26 27 66 200
2, rue du Fort Olisy